Every year, Loden Foundation provides scholarships for young Bhutanese to pursue undergraduate studies within or outside Bhutan.
Graduating from high school is a ‘turning point’ in your life. Loden Foundation is delighted to offer the following scholarships for your journey ahead:
- Loden-RTC scholarship to pursue undergraduate degree at Royal Thimphu College (applications closed)
- Loden general scholarship for undergraduate courses within or outside Bhutan (applications open til 23 June 2021)
- Loden apprenticeship Programme for diploma and certificate courses (applications open til 23 June 2021)
If you are considering applying for our scholarship, you must clearly explain your personal ambition, choice of subject/course and financial need. Remember, the selection is based on merit and need. Your Class X and XII results and co-curricular record will be used to determine merit and your family background and subject/course will be used to determine economic need and national need. The matrix for the score can be found HERE
This is a programme to build the capacity and confidence of young people and therefore, indications of dependency on others to make inquiries or apply on their behalf will result in negative marking in the selection process.
In line with Covid-19 protocols, visits to the office are not encouraged. Should you require information or have queries regarding the scholarship, we strongly encourage you to access our online platforms or telephone/email Mr. Penchela at office phone 77195588 (during office hours)/firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you the best of luck!
The three types of scholarship we offer this year are:
1.Loden-RTC scholarship to pursue undergraduate degree at RTC (APPLICATIONS CLOSED)
The Loden Foundation in partnership with Royal Thimphu College (RTC) will be taking in eligible students to compete Loden-RTC Need-based undergraduate scholarship. Applicants are requested explore various courses offered by RTC. Once you have decided what to pursue at RTC, you have to secure admission (complete RTC’s online admission application and be offered admission) and then submit the conditional offer letter to us. You may visit www.rtc.bt or talk to Mr. Namgay Tshering (Student Service Officer) at 02-351806 RTC to request info on courses available.
Complete RTC’s online admission application and be offered admission HERE
2. Loden general scholarship for undergraduate courses within or outside Bhutan (applications open til 23 June 2021)
The Loden general scholarship is for applicants interested in pursuing various undergraduate courses available within or outside Bhutan. Applicants need to secure admission from a college and get conditional offer letter and submit to us.
3. Loden apprenticeship programme for diploma and certificate courses(applications open til 23 June 2021)
The Loden apprenticeship scholarship is for any diploma or certificate courses within or outside Bhutan for applicants who are interested to build their skills in various fields. You must submit a detailed course description, duration and acceptance from the institute.
The scholarship funding will be capped at Nu. 200,000 each year and therefore, any extra expenditure will have to be borne by the applicant.
Keeping in mind the importance of social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, no application will be accepted in printed copies. Applications will be accepted ONLY via email and all inquiries must be made online via email or through phone.
- Combine all your documents in to ONE single PDF (if you are not sure how to do this, you may use a free online service such as https://combinepdf.com/ to combine your documents into one PDF file)
- Submit your applications to email@example.com. Applications in hard copy format delivered in person or by other means shall not be entertained.
- Completed Application Form CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- An essay (up to 500 words) explaining personal ambition, choice of subject and financial need
- Conditional acceptance letter from the college or institute (Note: Please note we will only accept letters from colleges/institutes recognized by the Department of Adult and Higher Education (DAHE), and the RGoB)
- Copy of academic transcripts of Class X and XII
- Recommendation letters from two referees with their contact details
- Up to five documents to validate your achievements in leadership, sports, academic excellence, volunteerism, etc.
- Copy of family tree available from Ministry of Home and Culture Affairs or Gewog Office
Failure to adhere to the application process may result in cancellation of the application.
Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in ONE single PDF file. Applications in hard copy format delivered in person or by other means shall not be entertained
Deadline for Loden general scholarship and Loden apprenticeship programme have been extended to 23 June 2021.
Deadline for Loden-RTC scholarship will close on 4 June 2021 at 5 pm.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to the final round of selection.
For any inquiries, contact Mr. Penchela at 77195588 (during office hours only) or email email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is a conditional acceptance letter?
->It is a letter that you receive from the college that you apply for, stating that you have been granted conditional acceptance into the college. Conditional acceptance means that there are still terms that need to be met before your acceptance can be finalized.