Note: Please read all the details of this announcement carefully. All necessary details are mentioned here. Failure to follow our application process may result in the cancellation of your application.
The Loden Foundation is pleased to announce Loden Foundation Scholarships for young Bhutanese pursuing undergraduate studies for 2023!
The scholarship funding has been increased to BTN 300,000 each year, and therefore, any extra expenditure will have to be borne by the applicant. Please note that Loden only provides financial support – students must secure college admission before applying.
If you are considering applying for our scholarship, you must clearly explain your ambition, choice of subject/course and financial need. Remember, the selection is based on merit and need.
Your Class X and XII results and the co-curricular record will be used to determine merit, and your family background and subject/course will be used to determine economic need and national needs. During the shortlisting process, points are awarded as per the scoring matrix, which can be found below;
This is a programme to build young people’s capacity and confidence; therefore, indications of dependency on others to make inquiries or apply on their behalf will result in negative marking in the selection process.
The three types of scholarships we offer this year are:
1. Loden General Scholarship for undergraduate courses within or outside Bhutan
The Loden general scholarship is for applicants pursuing various undergraduate courses within or outside Bhutan. Applicants must secure college admission, get a conditional offer letter, and submit it to us.
2. Loden-RTC Scholarship to pursue undergraduate degree at RTC
The Loden Foundation in partnership with Royal Thimphu College (RTC) will be taking in eligible students to compete Loden-RTC Need-based undergraduate scholarship. Applicants are requested explore various courses offered by RTC. Once you have decided what to pursue at RTC, you have to secure admission by completing RTC’s online admission application. You will receive an email confirmation once you complete their admission, this is your RTC acceptance letter. Please then apply to our scholarship.
Complete RTC’s online admission application and be offered admission HERE
3. Loden Apprenticeship Programme for diploma and certificate courses
The Loden apprenticeship scholarship is for any diploma or certificate courses within or outside Bhutan for applicants interested in building their skills in various fields. You must submit a detailed course description, duration and acceptance from the institute.
- Personal Essay/Letter (Up to 500 words explaining your personal ambition, why you have chosen to study the specific course and why you need the financial support).
- Acceptance Letter from the college or institute (Please note we will only accept letters from colleges/institutes recognised by the Department of Adult and Higher Education and RGoB)
- Copy of Academic Transcripts of Class X and XII
- Recommendation letters from two referees with their contact details.
- Up to Five Certificates documents to validate your achievements in leadership, sports, academic excellence, volunteerism, etc.
- Copy of Family Tree available from Ministry of Home Affairs, your Gewog Office or from the Service booth beside BDBL. For student who do no have CID at the moment, please mention it in your Personal Essay/Letter and you need no have to attach the Family Tree.
Applications will be accepted ONLY via the GOOGLE FORM, and all inquiries must be made online via email or phone.
- Combine all your documents into ONE single PDF (if you are not sure how to do this, you may use a free online service such as https://combinepdf.com/ to combine your documents into one PDF file)
- Submit your applications in a single PDF file via the Google Form. Applications in hard copy format delivered in person or by other means shall not be entertained.
Failure to adhere to the application process may result in the cancellation of the application.
The deadline for the Loden General Scholarship and Loden Apprenticeship Programme is 5 PM, April 29, 2023.
Should you require information or have queries regarding the scholarship, we strongly encourage you to access our online platforms or telephone Ms Pema Tshogyal at office phone 77195588 during office hours (9 AM – 5 PM on Weekdays) or email email@example.com
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to the final selection round.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is an Acceptance letter?
- It is a letter from the college you applied for, stating that you have been granted conditional acceptance into the college. Conditional acceptance means that terms still need to be met before your acceptance can be finalised.
- No form of payment has to be made to receive an Acceptance Letter, Loden will not be liable to pay any amount should the student have paid and does not receive the Loden Scholarship.
How can I get an Acceptance letter?
- After applying for admission at a college of your choice, you can request the college for a conditional acceptance letter. Any student applying for the Loden Scholarship will require a conditional acceptance letter, for RTC you will receive an email confirmation once you complete their admission. Please then apply to our scholarship.
What is a Recommendation Letter?
- A recommendation letter is written by someone who can recommend you for the scholarship program. These letters typically come from your teachers, principals, or internship supervisors (IF you interned), discussing the qualities and capabilities that make you a good candidate for the scholarship programme.