The deadline for submission of applications for the following scholarships have been extended to 23 June 2021:
Loden general scholarship for undergraduate courses within or outside Bhutan
The Loden general scholarship is for applicants interested in pursuing various undergraduate courses available within or outside Bhutan. Applicants need to secure admission from a college and get conditional offer letter and submit to us.
Loden apprenticeship programme for diploma and certificate courses
The Loden apprenticeship scholarship is for any diploma or certificate courses within or outside Bhutan for applicants who are interested to build their skills in various fields. You must submit a detailed course description, duration and acceptance from the institute.
The scholarship funding will be capped at Nu. 200,000 each year and therefore, any extra expenditure will have to be borne by the applicant.
The application for Loden-RTC scholarship to pursue undergraduate degree at RTC will close on 4 June 2021 at 5 pm, as announced initially.
Keeping in mind the importance of social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, no application will be accepted in printed copies. Applications will be accepted ONLY via email and all inquiries must be made online via email or through phone.
- Combine all your documents in to ONE single PDF (if you are not sure how to do this, you may use a free online service such as https://combinepdf.com/ to combine your documents into one PDF file)
- Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications in hard copy format delivered in person or by other means shall not be entertained.
- Completed Application Form CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- An essay (up to 500 words) explaining personal ambition, choice of subject and financial need
- Conditional acceptance letter from the college or institute (Note: Please note we will only accept letters from colleges/institutes recognized by the Department of Adult and Higher Education (DAHE), and the RGoB)
- Copy of academic transcripts of Class X and XII
- Recommendation letters from two referees with their contact details
- Up to five documents to validate your achievements in leadership, sports, academic excellence, volunteerism, etc.
- Copy of family tree available from Ministry of Home and Culture Affairs or Gewog Office
Failure to adhere to the application process may result in cancellation of the application.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com in ONE single PDF file. Applications in hard copy format delivered in person or by other means shall not be entertained
Deadline for Loden general scholarship and Loden apprenticeship programme have been extended to 23 June 2021.
Deadline for Loden-RTC scholarship will close on 4 June 2021 at 5 pm.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to the final round of selection.
For any inquiries, contact Mr. Penchela at 77195588 (during office hours only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is a conditional acceptance letter?
->It is a letter that you receive from the college that you apply for, stating that you have been granted conditional acceptance into the college. Conditional acceptance means that there are still terms that need to be met before your acceptance can be finalized.
What is a recommendation letter?
->A letter of recommendation is a letter written by someone who can recommend you for the scholarship program. These letters typically come from your teachers, principals, or internship supervisors (IF you interned), discussing the qualities and capabilities that make you a good candidate for the scholarship programme.