Are you a young person wishing to understand the entrepreneurship culture in Bhutan and learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea to start a business but lack the capital and the support to do so?
If so, we are thrilled to announce that, together with UNICEF Bhutan and Youth Centre Division, Department of Youth and Sports under MoE, our SEED entrepreneurship training for out-of-school youth is back! This time, the training will span over a period of 5 days and will include more content than before.
Participants of the entrepreneurship training will learn basic skills required to become an entrepreneur, get a chance to interact with seasoned entrepreneurs as mentors and stand a chance to win up to Nu. 1 million interest and collateral free loan to kick start your business idea.
How does the program work?
- Participants will learn basic skills such as business proposal writing, marketing and branding, budgeting, soft skills and more
- Participants will then pitch their business ideas during the training and stand a chance to compete up to Nu. 1 million interest and collateral free loan if shortlisted from the individual centres
The interest and collateral free loan will be supported through the Loden-UNICEF Bhutan funding window. Business ideas that not only provide solutions to the current challenges posed by Covid-19 but also have the potential to sustain and scale up will be given preference.
Venue: Changjiji Youth Center
Date: 15th – 19th June
Timing: 9 AM – 5 PM
Lunch and refreshments will be served
• Must be between the ages of 18-30 years
• Some level of educational qualification is required but not mandatory
• Must not be employed in any government, corporate, private or other form of organisations (The application from students, trainees and employed youth will not be accepted)
• If you have been selected for employment at any firm or have applied for further studies will not be eligible to participate
• Should be committed to attend the entire training once their registration is confirmed
i. Nuns and monks with support from their institutions and with an idea of starting a social enterprise to sustain their institutions are also encouraged to participate.
ii. The organisers of the training will not be able to support the travel and accommodation expenses for
participants travelling from longer distances.
Keeping in line with Covid-19 protocols, the number of participants at the training will be limited to 20 participants, so we encourage you to register at the earliest.
The selected candidates will be contacted by the Department of Youth and Sports, at least 3 days prior the training dates.
UPDATE: REGISTRATION CLOSED for Entrepreneurship Training for Out-of-School Youth. Due to the high number of applications that we have received and the limited number of seats available, registration for the entrepreneurship training has been closed.
For more information, contact Ms. Pema Tshoki (Asst. Programme Officer, DYS) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is supported by UNICEF Bhutan and led by Loden Foundation in partnership with the Youth Centre Division of the Department of Youth and Sports under the Ministry of Education.