Vacancy AnnouncementPosted on: January 8th, 2016
The Loden Foundation, a Civil Society Organization regulated under the Civil Society Organizations Act, 2007 of the Kingdom of Bhutan is pleased to announce a vacancy for the following position;
Job title: Resource and Communications Officer
Employment type: Full-time / part time staff
Remuneration: Commensurate to expertise with basic salary starting from Nu. 27,000
The new appointee will play a key role in resource mobilization including fund raising, network management, proposal and report writing, PR and communication for the Loden Foundation.
Primary Resource Mobilisation Tasks
- Compile and write funding proposals and applications.
- Write project reports
- Build on relationships with existing supporters
- Seek new funding opportunities, potential donors and supporters both within and outside the country
- Identify and secure funding from grant making agencies and individuals
- Develop and maintain reporting systems and coordinate information with concerned officers
- Liaise with donor organizations and individuals
- Maintain and update the database of donor organizations and individuals
- Represent the Loden Foundation upon instruction from the Executive Director
- Help the board and Executive Director in building Loden’s fundraising and communications strategy and work plans.
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising and sustainability.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation.
Primary Communications Tasks
- Contribute to the production and distribution of Loden Newsletter and reports.
- Collate case studies, photographs and information from the field.
- Prepare press releases, update Loden’s website and social media platform with appropriate news and announcements in consultation with the executive director
- Regular communication with Trustees and all Loden beneficiaries as and when required
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director and the Board.
Eligibility & Personal Specification
The candidate must have:
- Excellent spoken and written language skills for effective grant proposal and report writing
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload with minimum supervision and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- High integrity, sensitive and approachable person
- Demonstrable commitment and enthusiasm to charitable services
- A deep knowledge of Bhutan, Bhutanese laws and social policy and substantial acquaintance with its different regions
- Ability to travel, multi-task and work independently as well as in team
- Excellent computer skills
Education & Experience Criteria
Well educated with relevant expertise. Candidates with international exposure and work experience in the relevant field are encouraged to apply.
- Full time / negotiable part time employment with six months of probation period.
Salary & Others Benefits
- Basic salary shall be fixed commensurate to expertise and experience starting from 27,500 per month and other benefits as per the existing Financial Rules and Regulations of the Loden Foundation.
Interested candidates may apply latest by 22 January 2016 with the following documents:
- Academic/professional testimonials
- Curriculum Vitae
- Citizenship Identity Card
- Security Clearance Certificate
- Two references and other relevant documents
Applicants are advised to submit your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org and printed version to Loden Foundation, Post Box: 131, Thimphu; Bhutan. Further details can be obtained by writing to email@example.com or by calling 02-337389 during the office hours.
By Management Council