Vacancy AnnouncementPosted on: December 18th, 2017
The board of the Loden Foundation is pleased to announce the post of a Development Manager/Officer to be filled at the earliest. The new appointee will play a key role in Loden’s development by taking up fundraising, proposal and report writing, management of network of donor organisations and individuals, and also help in PR and communication. Candidates must submit applications with CV and two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a printed copy to the Loden Foundation, Dewakhangzang, Changlam, Thimphu, before 5pm 15 January 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and interview towards the end of January 2018. Further information can by writing to email@example.com.
Title: Development Manager/Officer
Salary: Commensurate to expertise starting from Nu.40,000/
Terms of Reference
Job title: Development Manager/Officer
Remuneration: Commensurate to expertise with basic salary starting from Nu.40,000/
Purpose: The new appointee will play a key role in resource mobilization including fundraising, network management, proposal and report writing, and also PR and communication for the Loden Foundation.
- Compile and write funding proposals and applications.
- Write project reports and develop and maintain a timely reporting system in coordination with relevant officers.
- Seek and secure funding from institutions and individual donors both within and outside Bhutan.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with donor organizations and individuals.
- Maintain and update the database of donor organizations and individuals.
- Represent the Loden Foundation upon instruction from the Executive Director or board.
- Help the board and Executive Director in building Loden’s fundraising and communications strategy and work plans.
- Contribute to the production and distribution of Loden Newsletter and reports.
- Compile case studies, photographs and information from the field for proposals and reports.
- Report to the trustees and all Loden beneficiaries as and when required.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the Executive Director, the Board and stalwart members.
- Help prepare press releases, update Loden’s web and social media content, news and announcements.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation.
The board members reserve the right to alter the scope of work from time to time in consultation with the employee without significantly changing the essence of this ToR to serve the interest of Loden Foundation.
Eligibility & Personal Specification
The candidate must have:
- Excellent spoken and written language skills for effective proposal and report writing.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload with minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- High integrity and tact.
- Demonstrable commitment and enthusiasm to charitable services.
- A deep knowledge of Bhutan, Bhutanese laws and social policy and substantial acquaintance with its different regions.
- Ability to travel, multi-task and work independently as well as in team.
- Excellent computer skills.
Education & Experience Criteria
Well educated with proven record of relevant expertise. Candidates with international exposure and work experience in the relevant field are encouraged to apply.
Full time / negotiable part time employment
Salary & Others Benefits
Basic salary shall be fixed commensurate to expertise and experience starting from 40,000 per month and other benefits as per the existing Financial Rules and Regulations of the Loden Foundation. The board will consider a performance based allowance on top of the salary.
Candidates must submit applications with CV and two references before 5pm 15 January 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a printed copy to the Loden Foundation, Dewakhangzang, Changlam, Thimphu.
Shortlisted candidates will be called to a written test tentatively scheduled on 22 January 2018 and further shortlisted candidates for presentation and interview scheduled on 25 January 2018. Shortlisted candidates must bring relevant transcripts when coming to the written test.