Loden Foundation Scholarship 2018 (Updated May 15)Posted on: April 13th, 2018
The Loden Foundation announces 2018 competition for scholarships to pursue university education with the aim of helping of deserving candidates. The scholarships will cover full or partial costs either within or outside the country with a maximum funding amount of Nu. 2,00,000/- per year. Preference will be given to those pursuing degrees, which can fill employment gaps in Bhutan.
The candidates must demonstrate strength in the specific field of study and economic need. Applicants do not any more require a 60% aggregate score in Class X and XII but will be evaluated on a point based system. Candidates who already obtained an offer of full scholarship from other institutions will not be eligible.
Interested candidates must submit their applications by 31 May, 2018 before 5:00 pm. There are three ways you can apply for this scholarship. From the following three, select only ONE application method that works for you:
- Submit your documents at Loden Foundation office, P.O. Box 131, Chang Lam, Thimphu OR
- Email your documents to email@example.com OR
- Fill an online application form (You need a Gmail account to fill out this form) Link HERE
- Essay explaining the personal ambition, choice of subject and financial need (Not more than 500 words)
- Conditional acceptance letter from the college (Minimum of one and maximum of three conditional acceptance letters)
- Scanned copy of academic transcript of class X and XII
- Two reference/recommendation letters signed and their contact details (not a family member)
- Submit up to five certificates or letters which validate your achievement in different areas such as leadership, sports, academic excellence, volunteerism or other. Remember you can only upload one certificate from each field. For instance, if you have ten certificates in sports, you may submit only one that you feel is the best.
- Duly filled application form available HERE
If you choose to come in and submit your application at Loden Foundation office OR you choose to send your application via email, you must fill a form along with your documents. Form available HERE
IMPORTANT: The deadline to submit your application is on 31 May, 2018 before 5:00 pm. Take your time to prepare the necessary documents and submit your documents on time. For further information, please call us at 7719-5599 (during office hours) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the final interview. We wish you good luck!