Entrepreneurship training and startup loan for out-of-school youth
As a part of Loden’s SEED programme (Student Empowerment through Entrepreneurship Development), a three-day entrepreneurship training will be led at Integrated Youth Centers based in Samdrup Jongkhar, Gelephu, Phuntsholing and Thimphu in June 2019.
The entrepreneurship training will focus on developing fundamental skills and knowledge in entrepreneurship such as proposal writing, business idea generation, book keeping, marketing and interpersonal skills. The session will also comprise of motivational talks from well-established Bhutanese entrepreneurs to further inspire the participants to consider entrepreneurship as a serious career choice.
During the three-day training, the team will also lead a business idea competition. Participants will be encouraged to come up with business ideas and pitch their idea in the final session of the training. Based on the practicality and sustainability of the business idea and other criteria as per Loden Entrepreneurship Programme’s existing selection process, the shortlisted participants will be given two months time to further develop their business idea into a well-crafted proposal and submit to Loden during its call for business proposal in between July-September 2019.
The best business idea will receive Nu. 1,000,000 interest and collateral free loan repayable within three years to Loden Foundation under a new funding window Loden-UNICEF fund.
Out-of-school youth, nuns and monk are invited to register for the event. Eligibility criteria:
- Minimum age of 17 years and above
- Some level of educational qualification is desired but not mandatory
- Already has an idea to start business in any location in Bhutan
- Graduates who have been selected for employment at any firm or has applied for further studies will not be eligible to participate.
- Nuns and monks (17 years to 30 years old) with support from their institutions and with an idea of starting a social enterprise to sustain their institutions are also encouraged to participate and compete for the award.
- Samdrup Jongkhar: 10-12 June (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration)
- Gelephu: 15-17 June (Email email@example.com for registration)
- Phuntsholing: 20-22 June (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration)
- Thimphu: 25-27 June (Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for registration)
For further assistance, contact Mr. Penchela at email@example.com (Phone: 17636080) or call 77193322 during office hours.
The Loden SEED is an educational project to take fundamental concepts and skills of social entrepreneurship to tertiary educational institutions to give young people an early exposure to self-employment, starting viable social enterprises, job creation and career development in the private sector.
This project is led by the Loden Foundation with support and in collaboration with UNICEF Bhutan and Youth Centre Division, Department of Youth and Sports, MoE.