Loden SEED Programme
Loden SEED (Student Empowerment through Entrepreneurship Development) Programme
Loden SEED is an entrepreneurial education programme for college and school students. It is a unique opportunity to explore and develop the entrepreneurial potential of students in full time education.
SEED is an extension of the Loden Entrepreneurship Programme to colleges and schools, in order to bring both theoretical learning and practical experience of social entrepreneurship to the young minds.
This extended programme aims to stimulate the young minds of students at a time in their lives when they are full of imagination and open to new possibilities. It is expected to contribute towards extra-curricular development of the students and inculcate entrepreneurial skills through exploring business opportunities, innovative thinking, confidence building and improvement of self-esteem and social awareness.
Loden SEED aims to prepare students for the real world through social entrepreneurship.
Inspire students with right values of hard works, honesty, intelligence, independence and social responsibility.
- Provide exposure to alternative career options and employment
- Inculcate understanding of entrepreneurship as a set of key competences for personal and professional purposes
- Provide basic business and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills
- Connect academic knowledge to practical experience through student business projects
- Promote social aspects of entrepreneurship in harmony with Bhutanese cultural and ecological environment and the goal of Gross National Happiness
- Acknowledge teachers and other learning facilitators as key agents of change
Loden has launched the programme in the following Colleges and Technical Training Institutes:
The list of University Colleges:
|Sl. No.||Name of Institute||Location|
|1||Royal Thimphu College||Thimphu|
|2||Institute of Language and Cultural Studies||Taktse, Trongsa|
|3||Jigme Namgyel Poloytechnic||Deothang, Samdrupjonkhar|
|4||Gaedu College of Business Studies||Gaedu, Chhukha|
|5||College of Science and Technology||Chhukha|
|6||College of Natural Resources||Lobesa, Punakha|
|7||Sherubtse College||Kanglung, Tashigang|